Wednesday, October 12, 2011

Funny Story

  I have to type this before I forget how funny this was.  All these comical things happen in the course of my day, but pick up time is so hectic that I usually forget to tell the story.  Livvy loves the letters of the alphabet, particularly the letter B.  Today she runs over with a JC Penney post card advertisement for their BIG sale, excitedly shouting, "I see B!  I see B!"  So I told her to follow me to the kitchen where I got out the scissors and cut out the big B and told her she can keep it.  Well, here came Taze, not wanting to miss out on anything, so I cut out the letter G and told him he could keep it.  By now Emma is on her way over and she's standing at my feet positively dancing.  I guess I was a little slow because I did not realize that the drawer where I got the scissors is directly below the container of Smarties that the kids get when Taze pees in the potty.  So I thought she wanted a letter.  Last letter left is the I, so I cut it out and handed it to her.  By now Livvy and Taze had moved out of the kitchen, Livvy to admire her B and Taze to discard the G, and Emma just stared at the I in her hands.  She started pouting, and I realized she was about to cry.  I said, "What's the matter?  I gave you your very own I".  And she wailed, with perfect enunciation, "I DON'T WANT AN I!"  I'm sure it was way funnier to witness it than to read it, but you have to understand, Emma's face was priceless.  She was completely bewildered to think she was getting candy and receive instead a stinkin letter.  Maybe you just had to be there.

No comments:

Post a Comment