Tuesday, September 20, 2011

A Video Update

  The babies have this "taking turns" thing down pat!  They don't like it, but they understand it.  Even if one of them is in the midst of grabbing something out of another's hands, if I just say their name in my serious tone (oh yes, I have a serious tone) they will most likely let go.  They won't do it with a smile, but they understand.  Emma's feelings tend to get crushed when I tell her it's not her turn, so thankfully she isn't much of a grabber.  Now I am trying to get them to understand that although taking turns is what we do, sharing can be lots of fun.  It's coming along a little more slowly.  Yesterday Emma had on every single "pretty" in the toy box.  That really agitated Livvy who made a grab for the necklaces around Emma's neck.  After I reminded Livvy that it's Emma's turn, she backed off right away, so I asked Emma which one she thought Livvy could wear so they could both be pretty.  Out of nowhere comes Taze, screaming "NOOOOOO!" at the top of his lungs and actually steps between me and Emma!  Like I was going to rip the jewels off her body or something!  Seriously Taze, Emma can fight her own battles, trust me.  Nice show of chivalry though.  Here are a couple of videos of the kids being funny, which is how they spend most of their time.


This first one is called "I Sure Not". I started taping because Taze and Livvy were playing nicely, with the same toy at the same time.  As always, I grabbed the camera too late.






This next one is Taze trying to lend a helping hand.


And finally, Nic's home.  That's when the real fun begins.

No comments:

Post a Comment