Thursday, September 8, 2011

Guess I've Been Slacking

Although these kids do things every day, several times, that make me bust out laughing, I seem to blank them out when it comes time to blog and I think I have nothing interesting to write.  I should take notes during the day.  Like when Emma runs out of my sight and starts hollering for herself at the top of her lungs.  "EMMA...?"  It's so funny!  Even though she does it every day, it never gets old.  Yesterday, I was changing her diaper, so my attention was focused on the task at hand and she scared me to death when she suddenly shouted "EMMA!" at the top of her lungs.  I looked up and she was covering her eyes with her hands and hollering for herself.  So funny, that kid.  Or when Livvy was walking along the road of big blocks that she lined up perfectly, but her foot was too close to the edge, causing the block to flip over and her to fall so quickly to the ground she actually did a complete roll.  Just as I jumped up she looked up, hair half covering her face, and said, "Huh?"  It was even funnier because of the way Livvy says "huh".  It's more like, "Huah" and yes, I struggled over the spelling to get it just right.  Anyway, when I realized she wasn't going to cry I backed off and said, "Whoa Liv, you fell hard" and she said (a response I hear 20x a day), "I know!"  And there's the Tazer.  His exploding vocabulary makes him a laugh a minute, when he's not using it to order me around.  He's also territorial so today when Emma was sitting on my lap relaxing, he rushed over.  When he realized I was not going to put her down so he could climb up he announced, "Peeee-ewwww", so I said, "Does something stink?" to which he repiled, "Yes. Emma".  A totally untrue statement.  Emma was fresh.
  We are still working on taking turns and just being patient with eachother in general.  They are all only-children at home so being here is a different mindset...or it will be soo, I hope.


PS.  I have a few pictures from the week but they aren't uploaded yet and if I don't post this now I will spend another day being a slacker.

No comments:

Post a Comment