Thursday, August 18, 2011

Are They Triplets?

I'm afraid you will find today's update rather dull. So far (As I write this at naptime..3 cheers for naptime!) it has been just a routine day of playing, eating and having diapers changed. This morning I noticed we were very low on milk, kicked myself for not noticing that last evening, and wondered if Nic would help me walk all three to Kroger. It's a mile, round trip, which isn't a very long walk, but pulling a full wagon adds a tiring element, trust me. We set out by about 10am and along the way we said hello to an older man and woman doing yard work in front of their house. "Are they triplets?" Everyone asks that! Last year, with Taze and Emma, it was always, "Are they twins?" This week when I was asked that question (twice so far) I became keenly aware of the fact that I am 39 years old...with triplets?? People must assume I had in-vitro because no 39 year old woman has triplets naturally, do they? So if they assume I had in-vitro then they must think I have lots of money so automatically I think I should start dressing better when the babies and I go out. These are the things I think about. Anyway, I told the nice lady that they are not triplets, not even sibs, and we were on our way. By the time we got to Kroger, Nic and I were a little warm. We cruised over to the toy aisle and let the babies loose. They took toys of the shelves and sat on the floor and played while Nic and I enjoyed the air conditioning. Nic informed me that we have to check pockets before we leave the store because those babies were stashing toys everywhere! After a while, and probably a few dirty looks from employees (but I'm not sure because I didn't make eye contact) I cleaned up the toy aisle, good as new, and we were on our way to get the milk. I bought chocolate milk because these babies are spoiled (keeps them wanting to come back) and the entire way home (pocket check completed) Taze chanted "Chai milk ah hoooome" So yes, we arrived home rather parched and there was cold cups of chocolate milk all around. Emma guzzled hers and asked for more, which is out of the ordinary because she isn't a heavy drinker. She downed her second cup and I had to get out a baby wipe for her sticky face, neck and chest! She was into the chocolate milk experience! Nic was starving so he heated up some frozen Skyline Chili meal that smelled gross. He ate less than half and Livvy was hovering around watching him so he got a clean fork and fed her a bite. I expected to have to clean chili and spaghetti off her shirt but no, she didn't spit it out...she asked for more! It was almost lunchtime so I put her in her chair and gave her the rest of the meal which she devoured. I did have to pick spaghetti out of her hair, but I was more concerned what her diaper was going to look like after this! Chili and spaghetti, cheese chunks and chocolate milk, ugh. Taze and Emma munched on turkey breast, cheese chunks and tomato slices (just Taze ate tomatoes). Well, this is a rather long paragraph for such an ordinary day. Emma has joined me downstairs, after a 90 minute nap and I hear Taze playing in his bed. Oh yep, he woke Livvy up. I hear him telling her "I funny. I funny" but he's the only one laughing. Guess I'm off to get the little comedian, and his captive audience.

1 comment:

  1. I just realized we are both going to be celebrating BIG birthdays next year! FYI, Taze LOVES Skyline Chili. His daddy buys it for him all the time!

    ReplyDelete